httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Possible bugs in current version
Date Tue, 01 Oct 1996 09:26:04 GMT
Robert S. Thau wrote:
>    RULE_WANTHSREGEX seems to default off on *every* platform.  On
>    some, the default is specified explicitly as "no"; on others, it is
>    left to be defaulted by code as "no".  The latter case looks like
>    it wants to be "yes", at least to me.

The idea here was that we should only switch it on for platforms that need it.
In order to determine which ones need it, we default it to no. The idea is that
ultimately every platform will have an explicit value.

Last time round various elements were violently opposed to switching it on
unnecessarily, which would be the inevitable consequence of setting it to yes
by default.

Cheers,

Ben.