httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Smith <...@cursci.co.uk>
Subject Solved. Re: Weird Solaris stuff
Date Wed, 23 Oct 1996 13:35:19 GMT
Thanks for all the replies.  It turned out that it was to do with the
MTU path discovery; presumably because there is some broken (or at least
non-compliant) router in the way.  This can be turned off my the
following command

/usr/sbin/ndd -set /dev/ip ip_path_mtu_discovery 0

as mentioned in section 5.19 of the Solaris 2.x FAQ.  Presumably,
anybody who doesn't have this set and uses the internet is asking for
trouble.  We've had a number of different people complaining about not
being able to access our site.  I know this helped in one case, and hope
it will in all the others too.

Cheers

Mike