httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: Update mod negotiation to handle multiple languages
Date Fri, 25 Oct 1996 23:36:41 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

>I also +1 this.  The changes make sense to me, and I trust Paul's familiarity
>with the negotiation code.

Has anyone found a good way to deal with lusers who ask for "en-us" or
"en-gb" and then fail to be served "en" ?

I had one the other day who wanted "en-us" or "de" when there was only
"en" and "de" available. Of course he moanded when he did get German. :-/

Having filenames such as index.html.us.gb.en  with:

AddLanguage en .en
AddLanguage en-gb .gb
AddLanguage en-us .us

are a tad ugly just to catch misconfigured browsers.

I suppose my question is, is there a way to map languages from one to
another, "en-gb&en-us -> en", if that's what I think is reasonable
for *my* server to do.

rob