httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: hard_timeout()
Date Thu, 24 Oct 1996 12:14:08 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

>...along with a new server variable "readtimeout", which should default to
>something like 20 seconds, and should probably be a configurable option.

It might need something more sophisticated than this. LANL have some file
upload forms that accept up to 1Mb of data from clients over the damp piece
of string that passes for a network in many parts of the world.

The timeout should at least be on blocks of data read and not on the
complete time for the request, unless that can be added as well which would
be nice.

>If people think inventing a new variable is a good idea, let me know and I'll
>implement it.

it's a good idea, though not as straightforward as you might have been
expecting.

rob