httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: Press Release
Date Sat, 19 Oct 1996 18:38:36 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Oct 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:
>
>> http://home.netscape.com/newsref/pr/newsrelease269.html
>
>I think "revenue-generating" is a key word here. Be interesting to see
>the actual studies, though, and not a Netscape PR version of them.

I think "Fortune 1000 companies" is probably more important in this
survey.

"Recent independent studies conducted by Forrester Research, Inc. and Zona
Research Inc. estimate Netscape's share of the Web server market at
approximately 80%."
 ... and this study includes "public domain" servers (as they put it).

Of course the rich companies are going to want to buy a Netscape server,
especially if it's to run on their expensive NT 'server' boxes.

80% of those surveyed probably drive a Lexus too. Fords will
still be faster, cheaper, more fuel efficient and driven by more "web
managers" worldwide.

Statistics can be made to prove anything.