httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <>
Subject Re: any problems with offering gif/jpeg ?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 1996 21:46:01 GMT
Rob Hartill liltingly intones:
> Before I drop all the ".gif" extensions from urls, are there any known
> problems with brain dead browsers getting sent jpegs they can't inline ?
> A telnet connection without "Accept" headers gives me jpeg, presumably
> because it's a smaller file.
> Are there any horror stories I should know about ?
Spry Mosaic had an external viewer in older releases, and I'm not sure
Air Mosaic could hack this. Oh, and there's AOL's attempts.

I asked our QA people here, and they said they'd check out the lame
browsers they have and let me know.

Chuck Murcko	N2K Inc.	Wayne PA
And now, on a lighter note:
One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to
do and always a clever thing to say.
		-- Will Durant

View raw message