httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert S. Thau" <>
Subject Re: Another API change?
Date Tue, 08 Oct 1996 22:02:39 GMT
  It will be a long time before 2.0 if we keep adding things at this stage.

Agreed... and for that reason I'm getting *very* sorely tempted to
start vetoing major changes (other than bug fixes, of course) until
1.2 is out the door, including changes to the module structure, unless
someone is able to formulate a *very* persuasive case that the changes
in question *must* be placed in *wide* distribution *now*.  If you
just need it for something you're doing privately, you can always
maintain it as a difference between your own code base and stock 1.2;
I personally do that sort of thing all the time, and it's no big deal.

There is, I'm afraid, an overriding principle here; if we don't stop
fiddling, and stablize what we've got, we'll *never* get something out
the door, and 1.2 is already way overdue.

View raw message