httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: apache proxy cache (fwd)
Date Thu, 03 Oct 1996 23:53:08 GMT
Ben Laurie liltingly intones:

> > I will check this specific case, 'cause if it's doing what Kyle claims, it's
> > most definitely a serious bug. In addition, though unfortunate, the
> > password is currently passed in the clear on the net. This should be
> > addressed in future.
>
> Uh. The password is always passed in the clear for FTP. Cool protocol!

This appears *not* to happen with the new handler, that is, it seems to
work correctly, and not cache at all. Of course, casual passers-by can
see the password displayed at the top of the directory listing. I'll have
to fix that. 8^(

I'll try building the old handler and see what happens. The relevant code
is identical there, except for the anonymous user password.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Lewis's Law of Travel:
	The first piece of luggage out of the chute doesn't belong to
anyone, ever.