httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@en.muc.de>
Subject Re: Things to do for 1.2beta release
Date Thu, 03 Oct 1996 15:54:50 GMT
On 3 Oct 1996 07:11:46 +0100 in en.lists.apache-new-httpd you wrote:
> > On 2 Oct 1996 07:11:41 +0100 in en.lists.apache-new-httpd you wrote:
> >
> >>   2) The ability to send 410 Gone via mod_rewrite or mod_alias.
> >>      It is just another form of redirect.  Actually, I would prefer
> >>      that mod_rewrite be able to send *any* status code by internal
> >>      redirection to the response content and a [nnn] at the end of
> >>      the rule indicating the final status.
> >
> > That should be no problem for mod_rewrite. I can introduce a simple flag
> > additionally to R (redirect) like G (gone). But the question is: How should
> > mod_rewrite return, i.e. for R ist does a "return REDIRECT" which is API
> > compliant, but I think there are no other return values for GONE or for [nnn]
> > something sike "return DIRECT_HTTP_STATUS;".  So, how could it be programmed
> > with the current API?

> We fix the API to include all of the status codes -- I was planning on
> doing that anyway (using Tom's patch) as soon as I get the httpd -h
> thing straight.

Ok, after you incorporated the changes, I will add the new functionality to
mod_rewrite as #ifdef-code for Apache 1.2. Just drop me a note if the changes
occured in one snapshot to make sure that I don't miss the point.  Thanks.

Greetings,
                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com
                                        http://www.engelschall.com/~rse