httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject how does one map foo/ to foo/index.html.xx ?
Date Thu, 03 Oct 1996 12:19:57 GMT

I couldn't work this out from the documentation.
If I'm using AddLanguage with Mulitviews, is there a way to
have index.html.en index.html.fr etc such that the correct one is
sent back as a directory index ?

Without an index.html, I get a directory index (not what I want to happen).
How do I get Apache to pick the right language file by default for / urls ?

A solution (less than pleasing) I have is to add

DirectoryIndex index.html index.asis

and then have an index.asis to internally bounce the request to
index.html which then gets the negotiation treatment.

I only started playing with this an hour ago, so excuse the newbie
type questions if they are trivial to solve.

rob