httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@en.muc.de>
Subject Re: Things to do for 1.2beta release
Date Wed, 02 Oct 1996 07:30:24 GMT
On 2 Oct 1996 07:11:41 +0100 in en.lists.apache-new-httpd you wrote:

>   2) The ability to send 410 Gone via mod_rewrite or mod_alias.
>      It is just another form of redirect.  Actually, I would prefer
>      that mod_rewrite be able to send *any* status code by internal
>      redirection to the response content and a [nnn] at the end of
>      the rule indicating the final status.

That should be no problem for mod_rewrite. I can introduce a simple flag
additionally to R (redirect) like G (gone). But the question is: How should
mod_rewrite return, i.e. for R ist does a "return REDIRECT" which is API
compliant, but I think there are no other return values for GONE or for [nnn]
something sike "return DIRECT_HTTP_STATUS;".  So, how could it be programmed
with the current API?

Greetings,
                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com