httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Things to do for 1.2beta release
Date Tue, 01 Oct 1996 14:42:17 GMT
Jim Jagielski liltingly intones:

> Bug Fixes:
>   There are 2 types. Those reported in 1.1.1 (We need to make sure
>   they are squashed in 1.2) and those new in 1.2. For the new ones,
>   we should generate... wait for it... a list of bugs. That way we
>   can all be aware of what we're working on. 1.1.1 bugs can be
>   gleamed from www.apacheweek.com (or is that .org?)

There's a list also in modules/proxy/mod_proxy.h. Some of these (2, 6, 7)
are 2.0 items; the rest are 1.2. Also, there's Ben's list there, which
should be done. My plan is to complete these by final beta, as there area
others who wish to help on the 2.0 stuff.

In addition, Ptime as displayed by mod_status is always zero. Are there
plans to change to get/setitimer and timeval structs for this?

> Features:
>   I think it's time for a Feature Freeze (tm) for 1.2... Votes?
>
> Docs:
>   We need to give thought on how to best move the docs into the CVS
>   tree. Initial thought: htdocs directory with 'generic' subdirectory
>   (for general guides and rules) and 1.1.1, 1.2, etc.. subdirs for
>   each version specific stuff. Maybe even something as simple as:
>
>       ./htdocs
>       ./htdocs/generic
>       ./htdocs/previous    (for previous versions)
>       ./htdocs/present
>
>   and have the filenames themselves have some sort of indexing
>   on Apache version, like mod_status-v.1.1.1.html
>
> Timeline:
>   Who knows... but "soon" :-)

And now, on a lighter note:
The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when
to cringe.