httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Possible bugs in current version
Date Tue, 01 Oct 1996 09:51:33 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Sep 1996, Robert S. Thau wrote:
> > Some things that look to me like they may be bugs:
> >

> >    RULE_WANTHSREGEX seems to default off on *every* platform.  On
> >    some, the default is specified explicitly as "no"; on others, it is
> >    left to be defaulted by code as "no".  The latter case looks like
> >    it wants to be "yes", at least to me.
>
> I thought we had a big discussion about this, the outcome was the default
> should be "OFF".  I personally think it should be "ON", so long as we "know"
> what the correct answer is for most major unices.

Agreed. I think each platform mentioned in Configure should
have a default value explicitly set and we then change the
default to be what we want (yes/no, either is fine)
--
Jim Jagielski  << jim@jaguNET.com >>   |   "If we took the bones out
  **  jaguNET Access Services  **      |    then it wouldn't be crunchy"