httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@creche.cygnus.com>
Subject Re: patch to 1.2 for tom tromey's HTTP compliance patches
Date Tue, 24 Sep 1996 14:51:16 GMT
>> +     time_t server_time = time (NULL);
>> [ ... ]
>> /* Invalid, future time... just ignore it */
>> if (mtime > r->request_time) return OK;

Roy> Ugh, missed this one.  The comparison must be made against
Roy> r->request_time, not server_time, which is what the last line
Roy> above does

Thanks... my patches were against 1.1.1, before request_time came into
existence.

Roy> (although I am not sure that returning OK before testing the
Roy> other preconditions is valid, and the comparison should be if
Roy> (mtime >= r->request_time)).  This portion of our server code
Roy> needs some further study.

The "invalid future time" line quoted above is indeed bogus.  My
reading of the standard says that a server must use the server's time
as the last-modified time if the resource is dated in the future.

I sent a (flawed -- used server_time and not r->response_time) patch
for this yesterday.

Tom
--
tromey@cygnus.com                 Member, League for Programming Freedom