httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@creche.cygnus.com>
Subject Re: AddModule patch
Date Fri, 20 Sep 1996 20:52:51 GMT
Jim> Hmmm... does this imply a bell-and-whistle mainly to make things
Jim> easier for someone who is commercially shipping Apache?

Actually, there is another application of this patch, which is to
allow a smart test suite to be written.

I just finished the HTTP/1.0 (and 0.9) compliance testing part of the
Apache test suite I'm writing.

Next I'm going to start writing the parts to test specific pieces of
Apache functionality.  I plan to do this by having the test suite
generate config files using ClearModuleList/AddModule, so that it is
easy to single out specific functionality to test.

At some point I'll probably add HTTP/1.1 tests.

Also I'd like to add tests to see how a server reacts to specific
known bugs of various browsers... if you have any details on browser
bugs, I'd like to hear about them.

Tom
--
tromey@cygnus.com                 Member, League for Programming Freedom