httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@creche.cygnus.com>
Subject Re: CGI-related core
Date Mon, 30 Sep 1996 18:47:23 GMT
>> Last, I've noticed a minor inconsistency in send_error_response.
>> Most of the function uses the "status" variable.  But the switch
>> statement towards the end switches on r->status.  Is there a reason
>> for this discrepancy (and if so, could someone please add a comment
>> explaining the reason?).  My patch assumes that this is just an
>> oversight, and changes r->status to just status.

Brian> Yeah, looks like an oversight to me too - since the local
Brian> variable "status" doesn't get assigned anywhere except at the
Brian> top to r->status (though your patch now erases that
Brian> distinction, thus the resolution on the issue needed), that
Brian> seems right to me.

Brian> Bigger question, though - should your catch for the missing
Brian> error code change r-> status?

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this one.  I don't know what is
done with r->status after send_error_response returns.

Tom
--
tromey@cygnus.com                 Member, League for Programming Freedom