httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Need speaker about Apache (fwd)
Date Tue, 01 Oct 1996 03:43:32 GMT

Looks like I've become the de facto PR rep for Apache, heh heh.

Anyone want to go to Oslo?  I'd like to but I've done too much travelling this
year.  If you'd like to, and you think you can represent Apache well, send me
mail and I'll forward along any names I feel comfortable with.  I think it
would be best if someone on that side of the Atlantic were to go, and ideally
someone who's been around the project since pre-1.0 days.  Anyways, again send
me mail if you're interested.

	Brian

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 1996 05:56:46 +0100 (MET)
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
To: Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com>
Subject: Need speaker about Apache

Brian,

I don't know if you remember but we had an email exchange in June about
us (BITCon) mirroring the Apache sources and WWW pages in Norway.

Anyway, apart from being a sys admin and general good guy(!) I'm also a
member of the board of the Norwegian Unix Users Group (NUUG).

We're planning a meeting on November 4 and 5 (Monday and Tuesday)
somewhere not to far from Oslo. On day one the subject will be Linux and
we have confirmation from Linus Torvalds that he'll come.

On day two the subject is "Intranets", which is a) a buzzword that should
attract the attention of a lot of people and b) sufficiently vague to let
us decide entirely what we want to hear about.

That's where you come in. Would you like to come to Oslo and talk about
Apache, all expenses paid? Expect an audience of 30-50 people, all (or
most) of them system admins and Unix people.

We're thinking a 45 minute session where you talk about the how, when and
why the Apache project started, where it's going and what's so great
about Apache anyway? You could probably get 2x 45 minutes if you need it.

If you're not interested, could you forward this message to someone else
in the Apache project who might be?

Oh, and apart from all the "shop talk" during the day expect a dinner++
on Monday night, all very informal of course. The whole thing will be
held at comfortable hotel somewhere around Oslo.

Thanks! (And sorry about the short notice)

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar XJ6 4.2 Sovereign