httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: making mod_fastcgi part of the distribution
Date Fri, 27 Sep 1996 22:24:24 GMT
On Fri, 27 Sep 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:
> I understand and agree. My point is, "where do we stop on module
> inclusion".  I find both mod_php and mod_perl to be very useful.
> I don't however think that we want to start distributing Apache
> with these packages included. Perhaps I am the only one that thinks
> this way?

Nope, I would agree as well.  I have pretty conservative ideas on what should
be put in the distribution as well.  What tipped the scales in my mind was that
NCSA had done it in 1.5, and that I know lots more people use it than mod_php
and mod_perl.  It is also pretty simple to put this in, whereas mod_php and
mod_perl are both rather large and complex beasts.  *shrug*.

View raw message