httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: Cookies -> Tracking
Date Mon, 23 Sep 1996 05:43:43 GMT
On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, Mark J Cox wrote:
> A lot of people get very confused by mod_cookies.c, thinking they
> have to use it just to be able to use cookies on a site.  Since what
> the module really does is user tracking I propose to rename it for 1.2
> mod_cookies.c -> mod_usertrack.c
> If there are no comments I'll make the naming changes early next week.

Looks like this never happened.

I still think it's a good idea, and if it's going to be done should be done
before 1.2's first beta.

Hey, was there any talk about putting the tracking ID somewhere where
mod_log_config has access to it separately, instead of trying to log %{Cookie}i
and %{Set-Cookie}o, which could contain other cookies for other applications?

View raw message