httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Apache bug database
Date Mon, 23 Sep 1996 04:24:25 GMT

As we roll towards a 1.2 beta release, I'd like to get the bug database system
up and running specifically to target bugs to fix by 1.2 final.  At least, in
addition to bugs after 1.2 final, but I think the bug-fixed-gap between 1.1.1
and 1.2 is too great to merit trying to track all those, at this stage in the
game.  I have about 250 messages in my apache mbox regarding "WWW Bug Form
Report" that I never saw answers to.. eek.  Anyways, when I last worked hard on
the project, I sent the message appended below; I haven't done any work since
then due to real world duties, but I have updated gnats on hyperreal to 3.99.

The only feedback I remember getting was:

On Mon, 26 Aug 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Cute. A few wishes:
>
> 1. I think we should be able to edit the priority, and sort the bugs by
> priority/state/category.

Yup, I'll agree with that.  Is is unusable until that point?

> 2. Perhaps category should be a multiple choice list.

Makes the interface a bit more complex.  I spent a lot of time trying to craft
a concise interface to encourage folks to explore, so I'll push back a little
on this, but concede if others agree.

> 3. Is there a mailing list associated with it?

I have just now created one.  "apache-bugdb", at majordomo@apache.org, yadda
yadda yadda.  I'd like to focus the conversation there, to help me filter it
from the rest of the apache traffic, and set up a system we can make public
(i.e., a replacement for our existing bug reporting interface) by the time we
release 1.2 beta.  Let's move the conversation over to there, it's all logged
in http://dev.apache.org/mail/bugdb*.

	Brian