httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Shuttleworth <ma...@thawte.com>
Subject Re: AddModule patch
Date Fri, 13 Sep 1996 06:35:44 GMT
Hiya

The real question is:  how much bloat does the AddModule patch itself
create?  If very little,  then those who ship binaries will be very
grateful *and* those who roll their own are not affected.

If the AddModule functionality alone adds substantial overhead the general
community won't like it.

Personally, I like the ability to configure binary modules in and out on
the fly  (or at least at startup time without a rebuild)  and I think this
will boost the availability of commercial modules.  Ideally one could link
binary modules in on-the-fly using a similar mechanism to Python's import
statement and the shared library support availablke on almost all systems.

--
Mark Shuttleworth
Thawte Consulting