httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: HTTP/1.1 and 1.2beta
Date Thu, 05 Sep 1996 05:17:41 GMT
On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, sameer wrote:

> 	Now that HTTP/1.1 is finalized I *really* think we need to get
> a 1.2beta out there. The current tree is fully HTTP/1.1, right? (or it
> will be once that final commit is done)

Except for the proxy server, Apache is currently at least
conditionally compliant with HTTP/1.1. There are still a few parts
that aren't unconditionally compliant (many of them fixed by Paul's
mod_negotiation patch).

> 	I suggest a freeze by Friday, and a release of 1.2b1 on
> Friday.

'Fraid I'll have to disagree with you there. For one thing, we need
docs (as I've said in the past many times). THe list of new stuff Paul
provided is a pretty good start; I was planning on taking that and
exapnding it this weekend.

There are also about half a dozen patches on the table, and I don't
think we can get that cleaned up by Friday. I would perhaps agree to a
"feature freeze" as of this Friday, and a 1.2b1 release as of the
following Friday. That should give us enough time.

BTW, I will be out of touch with the Net tomorrow and Friday. So I
will not respond to any email until Friday evening. I leave a standing
veto of any public release of Apache without proper documentation
(this includes a web page, and complete updates of both CHANGES
files).