httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@texas.net>
Subject Re: Fwd> Apache: XSSI: Pagecounter command added
Date Sat, 07 Sep 1996 03:49:16 GMT
On Tue, 13 Aug 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> -1 *if* it slows down mod_include.c  People who want crappy
> counters can use deadicated modules. Having counter support
> in the Apache core is probably a bad idea; we shouldn't encourage
> counter use.

Not to dispute your point, because I agree whole heartedly; but you do
not have to encourage people to use counters... They want it, and if
*they* are the customer.... Well, you kinda don't have a choice.

Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  "To be a saint is to be an exception; to be a true man is the rule.
   Err, fail, sin if you must, but be upright.  To sin as little as
   possible is the law for men; to sin not at all is a dream for angels."

              - Victor Hugo, "Les Miserables"