httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <>
Subject Re: Frontpage Extensions
Date Sat, 07 Sep 1996 03:46:37 GMT
On Thu, 5 Sep 1996, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Does anyone know what these "extensions" actually do? Just the installation
> instructions (stating that the Extensions should have read/write privs
> on all web-pages, etc) almost made me cough up a hairball. And then there's
> the fact that they don't supply the source...

Eyaeh...  It should probably be aka "here's my web server, please come take
and kill it Mr. Hacker sir!!  Oh, it's you Mr. Gates!"

> Has Microsoft totally lost it?

Did they ever have it when it came to the server market?

Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  "To be a saint is to be an exception; to be a true man is the rule.
   Err, fail, sin if you must, but be upright.  To sin as little as
   possible is the law for men; to sin not at all is a dream for angels."

              - Victor Hugo, "Les Miserables"

View raw message