httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@bellglobal.com
Subject Re: regex library on HP-UX?
Date Tue, 24 Sep 1996 13:42:28 GMT
> With solaris 2.5,
>
> I;ve seen (and had trouble) with the same configure problem; when
> running it *thinks* it has found the regex posix libary; but it has
> found some nasty Sunos 5.4 version of it (do a man -s 3G regex)
> instead; this one has different arguments; and you get all kind
> of silly mangled chars all over the place.

So far I haven't had any problems with Solaris 2.5 machines.  The regex
functions are right in libc and they seem to work ok.

My main reason for bringing this up on this list is that any problems I
encounter with PHP/FI will likely be the same ones Apache will run into.

On a system where the native regex functions look and smell like the
Posix functions, but they don't work, we need to force the use of our
bundled library without having symbol conflicts.  This could be a bit
difficult if the native functions are right in the libc.

-Rasmus