httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@vex.net
Subject -Wall police is back
Date Sun, 15 Sep 1996 14:01:24 GMT
I thought we all agreed to use -Wall?  A couple of obvious ones have
snuck into the code tree:

gcc -c   -O2 -Wall -DLINUX -DSTATUS   http_config.c
http_config.c: In function `init_virtual_host':
http_config.c:759: warning: unused variable `t'

gcc -c   -O2 -Wall -DLINUX -DSTATUS   http_protocol.c
http_protocol.c: In function `set_byterange':
http_protocol.c:232: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (arg4)

Another worry I have is not knowing which regexp library is out there from
a module's point of view.  I can check the MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER and assume
that if it is >= 19960725 there will be a POSIX-style regexp library available,
but I have no idea which one.  They should all be compatible, sure, but
unfortunately they aren't.  Some are buggier than others.  Just try feeding
some of them a regular expression like: "(a*)*" and watch them go into a
busy-loop.  What was the argument against just always compiling in
Henry Spencer's regex library by default?

-Rasmus