httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert S. Thau" <...@ai.mit.edu>
Subject Re: CGI-related core
Date Mon, 30 Sep 1996 21:38:20 GMT
  * I didn't understand why response_titles and status_lines were
    separate.  I unified them.

The titles of a few common generated error response bodies are chosen
to be more meaningful to end users than the standard suggested error
texts --- specifically the "Document Moved" titles which are given for
301 and 302 responses (and actually seen by anyone still using an
HTTP/0.9 client).  Using the status line as the title in all cases is
a change, and I'm not quite sure it's well motivated.  ("I didn't
understand why it was like that" isn't always the best argument for
changing things...).

rst