httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject BrowserMatch concerns
Date Wed, 25 Sep 1996 15:58:04 GMT
Two points, one of which I have mentioned before, with no clear consensus.

1. BrowserNoCase is puzzlingly named - I think it should be more strongly
reminiscent of BrowserMatch - BrowserMatchNC or BrowserMatchNoCase, for
example.

2. We use BrowserMatch variables internally (cf. nokeepalive), but have not
guarded against name collisions. I propose that we reserve some kind of prefix
for internal use. I suggested '-' last time, but for some reason people didn't
like it. How about '+'?

Cheers,

Ben.