httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Patches on the board for 1.2
Date Sun, 22 Sep 1996 19:06:03 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> According to my notes, there are 3 patches on the board (not including
> bug-fixes submitted by users of 1.1.1). They are:
>
> 	mod_log_config updates by Mark C. (CookieLog changes)
> 	AddModule by Tom T.
> 	user_agents by Rob H.
>
> I recall that Ben had some concerns about user_agents, but that there
> were also a few +1s for it as well.

I didn't like the keyword coming in the middle of a line, but I agree that in
the current scheme of things there isn't much option.

I'm still concerned that we should be able to support Digest auth at the same
time as Basic. In fact, we may have to to be fully 1.1 compliant. I can't
remember what the outcome of that discussion was. Whatever, I consider this
to be important, as wide deployment of Digest auth probably rests on it.

However, I don't think this should prevent a public beta (so long as there
isn't an accompanying feature freeze).

Cheers,

Ben.