httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: Web problems (fwd)
Date Sat, 14 Sep 1996 06:45:29 GMT

>>> So, how much effort will it take to send HTTP/1.0 on 1.0 requests and
>>> HTTP/1.1 on 1.1 requests?
>>
>>Nope, sucky clients will die, and we are all better off with their death.
>>None of the major browsers has this problem.
>>
>>.....Roy
>
> I wonder if cnet would be interested in another rumor. HTTP cop out to
> eliminate small browsers.

I am out to eliminate all sucky browsers, starting with Navigator and
Internet Explorer, and continuing on down to the small sucky browsers.
The difference is that I only tolerate bad HTTP changes to Apache when they
are necessary to placate a large sucky-browser user community.

I'd prefer to just hunt down and kill the sucky-browser developers,
but most states have laws against that sort of thing.

......Roy