httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Perpendicular argument
Date Mon, 09 Sep 1996 22:05:08 GMT
Can I suggest to the group that the time debating the legal, moral and other
issues involved in the autoconf debate (which arise from a license which we
have explicitly decided not to use, I trust for good reason) would be better
spent in constructing an alternative which avoids the debate?

I would also like to mention that it doesn't seem constructive to me to argue
that approach A would take less effort than approach B if people are prepared
to put the extra effort into approach B in order to avoid the legal, moral and
other issues involved in approach A, given that approach B gets you to the
same place as approach A.

Cheers,

Ben.