httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <harrie.hazewin...@jrc.it>
Subject scoreboard
Date Fri, 13 Sep 1996 12:35:28 GMT
Hi all,

I am busy with integrating SNMP and APACHE.
Therefore, I am working on the scorebaord.

My question is as follows.

Is it neccessary that the scoreboard every time is resync-ed
before an update of the scoreboard.
In order to integrate it with SNMP I have created a global
short_score variable, "process_score". I would like to know if
there are reasons against the appraoch that the scoreboard
only in the update_child_status is update in the global score board.

With the global process_score it is not neccessary to resync the
scoreboard everytime. You have only to resync it if the
process is just newly forked.

What do others think??

--
Harrie

0----------------------------------------------------------0
   Harrie Hazewinkel
   Email  : harrie.hazewinkel@jrc.it
   WWW    : http://porto.jrc.it/    [-with SNMP-]
   Postal : Centre for Earth Observation - Data Networks
            Institute for Space Applications
            Joint Research Centre of the E.C. - TP. 950
            Ispra 21020 (VA) Italy
   Phone  : 39+(0)332+789384
   Fax    : 39+(0)332+785461