httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <>
Subject Re: core dumps with latest snapshot
Date Mon, 30 Sep 1996 16:11:33 GMT
Rob Hartill liltingly intones:
> Brian Behlendorf wrote (off-list):
> >On Sat, 28 Sep 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
> >> I just grabbed the most recent cvs snapshot and rebuilt my httpd.
> >> (btw, I'm running mod_perl_fast and I use the Makefile.tmpl that
> >> comes with it).
> >>
> >> Simple CGI (not mod_perl_fast) is core dumping..
> >
> >All CGI?  Mine are working fine with the current snapshot.  If you have an
> >example of one which causes breakage please send it...
> I just altered Makefile.tmpl to work with mod_perl_fast and it works properly
> again. I guess there was something in Doug's old .tmpl file that caused
> trouble with the latest configure/make setup.
> If anyone has any suggestion for better ways to intergrate mod_perl_fast
> and other 'big' modules, let's hear them. It'd be nice if a
> Makefile.mod_perl_fast could be automatically called if I'm including
> mod_perl_fast. My other compile/link flags could then be put into
> Configuration where they belong.
You could push 'em down into src/modules and make an archive with all
the required objects. That hides the nastiness from the root src build.
All the weirdness goes into the module's Makefile.

Chuck Murcko	N2K Inc.	Wayne PA
And now, on a lighter note:
The streets are safe in Philadelphia, it's only the people who make
them unsafe.
		-- Mayor Frank Rizzo

View raw message