httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca>
Subject Re: What httpd Server ??
Date Sat, 28 Sep 1996 01:23:25 GMT
Found this amusing post in comp.unix.unixware.misc.

From: wizard@mrinc.com (John Matzen)
Subject: Re: What httpd Server ??

As a developer of web servers, I can tell you that the most stable web
server for UnixWare 2.03 is NCSA 1.4.2.  NCSA 1.5.latest is really
good too, has some nice features, and we've never had any problems
with it.  It's also easy to convert NCSA into an SSL server.

CERN lacks mainstream recognition.

The price performance ratio of the Netscape server is really poor.

Apache just sucks, and many people report problems with it.  If you're
a programmer and ever taken a look at the Apache source code, you'd
find that this is no suprise.