httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: making mod_fastcgi part of the distribution
Date Fri, 27 Sep 1996 14:47:02 GMT
Brian Behlendorf liltingly intones:

> One of the NCSA compatibility issues was the fact that it incorporates fastcgi,
> whereas with Apache it's distributed separately.  mod_fastcgi.c 1.3.1 is 114K,
> and would add ~27K to the .gz file.  In addition to putting in the
> distribution, we would add a line to Configuration describing it, and
> presumably some <IfModule>-conditioned config file stuff.  What do people
> think?  I think it passes the same "does the apache group commit to supporting
> this piece of software" test that mod_rewrite passed; Mark Brown I'm sure is
> willing to be the point person on bugs and he has been a member of this list
> for awhile.  What do people think?

+1 for me.

> BTW, I like the abstraction to /modules under /src that Chuck did.

Thanks. There would need to be a Makefile in modules/ should others decide to
migrate modules there. I will do that as part of proxy work, so it's ready.

On another note, I talked to Compuserve the other day about their RPA remote
authorization scheme. They've sent me some source to make a module from; it's
not going to be too difficult. We probably will make it available (if the
legal issues aren't too sticky) as a third party module, unless Compuserve
wants to. They were interested in fastcgi too.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Finagle's fourth Law:
	Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it only makes
it worse.