httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: nokeepalive
Date Thu, 26 Sep 1996 03:16:33 GMT
Randy Terbush liltingly intones:

> What has been the consensus on browsers that exhibit the keepalive
> bug, and what is the incantation with BrowserMatch?

We've observed problems here with Netscape 2.x on Mac and Windows (3.1 and
95) and MSIE 2.0. While some of these may be the header flush problem, or
bad TCP/IP stacks, I've been playing it safe with

BrowserMatch Mozilla/2 nokeepalive

To be ultraprecise in my targeting, I will probably alter this to try
not to penalize UNIX or MSIE 3.x users.

No one is complaining to me about broken browsers with the above rule,
and I still see lots of keepalive reads going.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
In those days he was wiser than he is now -- he used to frequently take
my advice.
		-- Winston Churchill