httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src http_conf_globals.h http_main.c util.c
Date Tue, 24 Sep 1996 19:31:53 GMT
Jim Jagielski liltingly intones:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >
> > Dirk.vanGulik wrote:

> > > No worries; that cause you are in the linking stage. And I prefer to
> > > solve this extern problem by putting extern-s in the *.h files and
> > > doing the real declaration (i.e.) withouth the extern in the file
> > > which does the work; say util.c, so that they are kept close and
> > > your compiler is sure to give a sensible error if you get the
> > > casting out of sync.
> > >

> Just a reminder. As it is now, the extern _is_ in the *.h file.
> The definition is in http_main.c, which is where it should be
> since that's where group_id_list is first used, logically. util.c
> depends on the declaration in http_conf_globals.h, which, again,
> is being used as before.

Hmmm. Then I must have missed something:

root@bilge.topsail.org [src] 541% !grep
grep group_id_list *.[ch]
http_conf_globals.h:extern gid_t group_id_list[NGROUPS_MAX];
util.c:        if(group_id_list[cnt] == finfo->st_gid)

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
You should never bet against anything in science at odds of more than
about 10^12 to 1.
		-- Ernest Rutherford