httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Time's a wastin'
Date Tue, 24 Sep 1996 01:58:22 GMT
Randy Terbush wrote:

> > > Right now, SymLinksIfOwnerMatch option also requires that you set
> > > FollowSymLinks. Not very intuitive. Minor cleanup.
> > >

> > Really? I didn't notice that here. In fact, I have:
> >
> >    Options Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
> >
> > and it works as expected.
> >

> Have a look at set_options (http_core.c)
>
> Shouldn't SymLinksIfOwnerMatch set OPT_SYM_LINKS|OPT_SYM_OWNER?

But if it does, what's to prevent Apache from following symlinks even
if NOT the owner? If SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is supposed to be more
restrictive, and it is, then it shouldn't also enable the non-
restrictive option.

--
Jim Jagielski  << jim@jaguNET.com >>   |   "If we took the bones out
  **  jaguNET Access Services  **      |    then it wouldn't be crunchy"