httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src http_conf_globals.h http_main.c util.c
Date Mon, 23 Sep 1996 23:11:44 GMT
Hmmm. FreeBSD has getgroups(). gid_t is defined as

typedef u_int32_t       gid_t;          /* group id */

in <sys/types.h>.

Jim Jagielski liltingly intones:

> Chuck Murcko wrote:
> >
> > I'm getting
> >
> > util.o: Undefined symbol `_group_id_list' referenced from text segment
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > while linking. Is anyone else seeing this?
> >
> > In http_conf_globals.h shouldn't
> >
> > extern gid_t group_id_list[NGROUPS_MAX];
> >
> > be
> >
> > gid_t group_id_list[NGROUPS_MAX];
> >

> The extern is OK... That extra '_' prefix is troubling though. :/

That's from the link step. The extra _ is OK.

> Of course, some OSs don't have getgroups(), so we should wrap that
> with HAVE_GETGROUPS for those that do have it (or NO_GETGROUPS
> for those that don't... I think the latter might be better).

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make
something out of you.
		-- Muhammad Ali