httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: deny user-agents
Date Mon, 23 Sep 1996 15:07:04 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

>Brian Behlendorf wrote:
>>

>> I don't know if this has been committed yet or not, but I have a complaint from
>> a keep-the-config-file-manageable perspective:  why can't we keep all
>> browser-string-matching stuff tied to the BrowserMatch directive?  What other
>> request conditions tests will be added to "deny from"?
>
>Oh yeah. I knew there was another concern ;-). Actually, I thought this had
>been done. Was I wrong?

Will there be lots of wheel reinventing in order to add these types
of extensions to Browser specific directives. For example, all the
code to do allow/deny based on directory/file/url has been written and
tested, the alternative being proposed now suggests (to me) duplicating
those features specifically for browsers.