httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: Cookies -> Tracking
Date Mon, 23 Sep 1996 14:15:45 GMT
Mark J Cox wrote:

>> > mod_cookies.c -> mod_usertrack.c
>> > If there are no comments I'll make the naming changes early next week.
>> Looks like this never happened.
>
>Jim gave it a "-1" saying that since it used cookies it should be called
>cookies.  I still think that the module is for user tracking and the fact
>that it currently uses cookies to do this doesn't matter.

I agree with that. It's too easy to fall into the trap of installing
this module thinking it makes Apache cookie-ready.

I wonder how many sites out there are setting cookies on every page
because of this? Netscape always alerts me to cookies and they're
everywhere for no apparent reason most of the time.

rob