httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: AddModule patch
Date Fri, 20 Sep 1996 16:54:40 GMT
Robert S. Thau wrote:

>   A typical edit/Configure/make/copy/restart cycle takes about 15 minutes.
>   If the sysadmin has the tools to creat the bloated binary then he/she
>   has the tools to creat a leaner one.
>
> That's not a given in Cygnus' context --- they plan to be shipping
> binary distributions.  There's also "think time" to be considered;
> an edit/Configure/make/install/restart cycle may take fifteen minutes
> for someone who's done a few, but the first can be expected to take
> somewhat longer than that...

Hmmm... does this imply a bell-and-whistle mainly to make things
easier for someone who is commercially shipping Apache?

In any case, I really have no big problem with the AddModule stuff.
I just like making people think about things ;)

--
Jim Jagielski  << jim@jaguNET.com >>   |   "If we took the bones out
  **  jaguNET Access Services  **      |    then it wouldn't be crunchy"