httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert S. Thau" <...@ai.mit.edu>
Subject Re: getting that stupid solaris bug fixed
Date Thu, 19 Sep 1996 18:28:43 GMT
          Thanks, this should help. I've fwd'd this to him. (SunSoft is
  making a big deal of solaris 2.5.1 being great for webservers, if you
  haven't already heard. They put sockets back in the kernel, even.)

You might want to mention the commercial, supported versions of
the BSD distributions (BSDI) and Linux (Caldera, etc.), as well.

FWIW, I did refer to Sun's two OS distributions in that note as
SunOS and Solaris.  This is common practice among everyone that
I ever talk to.  However, the Sun marketing department has this
weird language all its own in which Solaris is SunOS too (SunOS
5.x, to be specific), and so your Sun marketing guy may find my
reference to sunos in the last paragraph (and to sunos breakage
which is even *worse* than the solaris brain-damage) to be con-
fusing...

rst