httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@aaaaaaaa.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "PassEnv doesn't pass some variables" on NeXT
Date Wed, 18 Sep 1996 11:58:50 GMT
Hi B,

Is SetEnv the directive you're looking for?  You may have an old
copy of the mod_env.c, perhaps from before it became part of the
source distribution.

Your Subject: alludes to a bug, PassEnv not working for some
variables?  What variables fail to be passed to the CGI environment?

Cheers,
Ay.

Andrew.Wilson@cm.cf.ac.uk http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/

> ----- Forwarded message from bbum@friday.com -----

> From: bbum@friday.com
> To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
> Date: Wed Sep 18  1:00:05 1996
> Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "PassEnv doesn't pass some variables" on NeXT
>
> Submitter: bbum@friday.com
> Operating system: NeXT, version:
> Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
> Extra Modules used:
> URL exhibiting problem:
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> Need to be able to define aliases within the configuration files.  For example, I have
a very module configuration for doing virtual multi-homing, but i have hard-coded paths all
over the place for controlling each individual site.  If I could simply refer to various configuration
variables as if they were shell variables, this would completely alleviate the problem.