httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "Module programming" on OTHER:ALL (fwd)
Date Sat, 14 Sep 1996 09:33:02 GMT
not acked
----- Forwarded message from dan@more.net -----

From: dan@more.net
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Fri Sep 13 13:38:43 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Module programming" on OTHER:ALL

Submitter: dan@more.net
Operating system: OTHER:ALL, version:
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used: None
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
This is not really a bug, but I can't find anywhere
else to send it.  If there is a better place to send
this, please forward it and let me know.  Thanks.

I am developing a module which requires root access
to the file system.  I use the initialization
function in the module to fork off a process
before setuid is called.  This works fine.

The problem comes when I kill httpd.  It does
not kill this child because detach() is called
after read_config().  Is there any way to have
apache kill this child without hacking the source?

If there is no way to do it now, could either
detach, or the calling of the init hooks be
moved so that detach is called first?  The reason
I ask is that I think the module I am writing
would be generally useful, and I would like to
publish it.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan Niles
dan@more.net
--