httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: AddModule patch
Date Fri, 13 Sep 1996 00:29:29 GMT
Tom Tromey wrote:

> Appended are patches that implement AddModule and ClearModule list.
> These patches are against the current contents of the cvs repository.
> Also included is a patch to core.html to document the new directives.

I like the concept of these patches, but I (being devil's advocate)
have to question how much they would really be used. The main
advantage I would see, as has been mentioned, would be for the
precompiled binaries. However, I doubt if the serious webmaster
would keep the "bloated" binary, but would eventually simply
recompile with whatever modules needed to reduce the memory
footprint.

This is NOT a -1 at all (nor any vote at all yet) simply a first
blush take on the patches.