httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Web problems (fwd)
Date Thu, 12 Sep 1996 12:19:08 GMT

Another HTTP/1.1  response header casualty:

----- Forwarded message from Liam Gretton -----

Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 11:45:15 +0100 (BST)
From: Liam Gretton <ljg@star.le.ac.uk>
Subject: Web problems
To: www@imdb.com

Hi there,

just lately I've been having problems when viewing your web pages. None of
the images are visible because the HTML headers aren't being stripped from
the image data first. On each page, the server details are visible in my
browser window.

I guess it could be my browser (Fresco for RISC OS), as there don't appear to
be any problems when I use lynx, but this has only just started happening in
the last two or three weeks, and I don't get any problems with other pages on
the Web.

The site is still usable, however.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Does your site only support Netscape now?

--
Liam Gretton                                              ljg@star.le.ac.uk
CCD Group, X-Ray Astronomy Dept,                  liam@binliner.demon.co.uk