httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "James H. Cloos Jr." <cl...@jhcloos.com>
Subject Listen and <VirtualHost>
Date Tue, 10 Sep 1996 23:03:06 GMT
I'm trying to get a new server config'ed to listen to two ports and
server different docs roots for each.  I'd like to do this with a
single parent, so I tried the following additions to a working, single
port server:

httpd.conf> Listen port1
httpd.conf> Listen port2
httpd.conf>
httpd.conf> <VirtualHost ip_number:port1>
httpd.conf> DocumentRoot doc_root_port1
httpd.conf> ErrorLog logs/error_log_1
httpd.conf> TransferLog logs/access_log_1
httpd.conf> <Directory doc_root_port1>
httpd.conf> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
httpd.conf> AllowOverride None
httpd.conf> </Directory>
httpd.conf> </VirtualHost>
httpd.conf>
httpd.conf> <VirtualHost ip_number:port2>
httpd.conf> DocumentRoot doc_root_port2
httpd.conf> ErrorLog logs/error_log_2
httpd.conf> TransferLog logs/access_log_2
httpd.conf> <Directory doc_root_port2>
httpd.conf> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
httpd.conf> AllowOverride None
httpd.conf> </Directory>
httpd.conf> </VirtualHost>

Nonetheless, every hit to either port completely ignores the <VH> sections.

Am I missign something obvious?

This is with 1.1.1, btw; ip_number, port1 and port2, above, are of
course placeholders for the real (numeric) arguments, and the doc
roots are placeholders for the real (full path name) args.  (Just in
case it doesn't go w/o saying.... :)

Am I stuck using two servers for this?

-JimC
--