httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject NewConfig.tar
Date Mon, 09 Sep 1996 21:43:10 GMT
To make things easier, I've placed in /pub/httpd/incoming NewConfig.tar
which is a snapshot of the Configur* changes.

The idea is to have our Configure call autoconf/configure instead
of making our Configure an ugly mess just to get the OS/platform info.
The big advantage is that it keeps our Configure as clean as
possible while still using autoconf's configure to determine
the platform. This has the added benefit that we can suppliment
the autoconf stuff without dirtying the autoconf/* files, for
example: there are a few OSs that ./autoconf/configure can't
determine.

This use of configure is totally appropriate and within the
spirit and letter of the license for autoconf.

I think it's a +1