httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Configur{e,ation} changes
Date Mon, 09 Sep 1996 00:18:46 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> Though, as I've pointed out before, having all these little divisions
> can make Configuration large and unweidly. I'd rather use
> autoconf, with partial (or no) OS-based selection. But I think I've
> said that before.

For the number of OSs that we need to handle, it's easy to either
fold the OS-guessing routine into Configure or, better yet, create
a Configure.guess routine. After all, it's simply a large case-switch
around the return values of uname.

For now, I think having the person at least need to edit Configure to
select their OS is minimal stuff.